eSailors is part of the ZEAL Group and a technology and product development provider based in the city center of Hamburg. Our 150+ multicultural employees are predominantly working on eCommerce and lottery platforms.
Slack Times? Hackathons? eBook Libraries? Brown Bag Sessions? Benefits? Yes, working for us includes a lot of those goodies. But what exactly distinguishes us from other relevant players in our industry? We empower people by trusting and investing in their talent.
At eSailors you are going to work with the latest technologies. Our flat hierarchies (Head of Engineering, Team Leads and Team Members, that’s it) give you the possibility to make a difference. Join us and thrive as
Senior Scala Developer (f/m)
Here’s your opportunity. We are looking for a fully-fledged Software Engineer who is obsessed with building resilient, reactive applications using Scala and Java. It needs to be your obsession, because you will be helping us build back end micro-services with tough requirements for responsiveness, resilience and reliability whilst handling zero-downtime deployments and highly elastic levels of incoming traffic.
A great challenge, and we have everything in place to support you within our agile ecosystem – an open environment consisting of forward-thinking, self-reliant teams. Are you also into open-source and as passionate as we are about pair programming, devops, micro-services, brown bag sessions and hackathons? Fantastic!
What you will do:
- Design, build, test and maintain our Scala backend micro-services (Akka or Kafka-backed Scala)
- Data modelling and operations for distributed NoSQL databases (in particular Cassandra) or relational databases (in particular Postgres)
- Develop streaming micro-services operating with Kafka
- Understand the impact of distributed, clustered applications and databases
- Help take care of our continuous integration and continuous delivery using Ansible, Jenkins and Docker
- Improve our back-office running on Play Framework
- Provide RESTful APIs for other teams in the company
- More than a passing familiarity with Linux
What you bring along:
- Good understanding of Scala with a preference for functional programming
- Experience with Akka
- Willingness to dive deep into the business domain and find the best solutions
- The desire to improve your skills and the ability to pick up new technologies
- An open and honest person with a sense of humour
- Excellent communication skills and proficient in English
What we will offer you:
- Cutting edge technologies and an agile mindset
- Work with the latest technologies such as Scala, Kafka, Docker and Kubernetes (just to mention some of them)
- The opportunity to contribute to our open-source projects
- Generous budget for travel and trainings as well as other benefits